No matter where you live in Brisbane, you can’t be far from a playground or park upgrade, with 29 park projects being progressed by Brisbane City Council in 2021.
Works are now underway to deliver 17 new playgrounds, 12 upgraded dog parks and improvements to two lookouts and four walking tracks, with all expected to open for the whole family to enjoy by the middle of the year.
From complete makeovers, new shade sails and an ocean-themed playground in Sandgate, there’s plenty for the kids to get excited about in the lead up to the school holidays.
For dog parents, new lighting, extended fencing and greener turf will make a dozen of the city’s dog off-leash areas safer, more accessible and bigger for your best friend to sniff, drool and run to their heart’s content.
Works are also well underway to convert the concrete scar in Hanlon Park, Stones Corner, into a natural waterway and destination park, with young families already flocking to the recently opened nature-themed playground and new native trees attracting wildlife back to their natural habitat.
We’ve also just completed a new learn-to-ride bike track at Kangaroo Gully Park and have upgraded Carl Street Urban Common in Woolloongabba providing so much to see and do to make the most of the outdoors in Brisbane in 2021.
- Lota Camping Reserve, Lota
- Torrens Crescent Park, Wakerley
- Willard Street Park, Carina Heights
- Beckett Road Park, McDowall
- Sandgate Second Lagoon Rotary Park, Sandgate
- Sandgate Foreshores Park, Sandgate (ocean-themed playground)
- Didbrook Street Park, Robertson
- Lindsay Evans Memorial Park, Sunnybank
- Peden Court Park, Calamvale
- Carinya Street Park, Indooroopilly
- Considen Place Park, Bellbowrie
- Kelvin Close Park, Forest Lake
- Cavay Playground Park, Sunnybank
- Pioneer Crescent Park, Bellbowrie
- Col Bennett Park in Algester
- Chalk Street in Lutwyche
Dog Park Upgrades:
- Victoria Park, Spring Hill
- Powerhouse Park, New Farm
- Colmslie Reserve, Murrarie
- Crosby Park, Albion
- Grey Gum Park, Stafford Heights
- Mulbeam Park, Boondall
- Pardalote Park, Algester
- Freney Street Park, Rocklea,
- Sedgley Park, Newmarket,
- Jindalee Boat Ramp Park, Jindalee
- Northey Street Park, Windsor
- Sunset Park, Ashgrove
- Milne Hill Reserve, Chermside West
- Stephens Mountain, Greenslopes
Walking track upgrades:
- Karawatha Discovery Centre
- Tinchi Tamba Wetlands, Bald Hills
- Toohey Forest, Nathan
- Pomax Track at Milne Hill, Chermside