Ferry passengers will be able to get on board more services, more often from today as the new ferry timetable comes into effect.
Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner said the changes were a win for all, with commuters to receive increased peak hour frequency, while a new NightCat service will help people get to key destinations on Friday and Saturday nights.
“This new timetable is making it even easier for people to choose public transport to get around Brisbane and being on the river is an incredible way to travel,” Cr Schrinner said.
“These new and improved services are all part of the Schrinner Council’s record investment in public transport to ensure our city continues to be the best place to live, work and relax.”
KEY CHANGES FROM TODAY:
• 59 additional all-stops CityCat services each week.
• More frequent all stops CityCat services have been extended with services to run every 15 minutes until 9pm Monday through to Thursday.
• Express CityCat services will run every 15 minutes between Apollo Road and Riverside in peak times (7-9am and 4-6.30pm weekdays).
• Express CityCat services will run every 30 minutes between West End and QUT, Gardens Point in peak times (7-8:30am and 4:30-6pm weekdays)
• Frequent Bulimba-Teneriffe cross-river services better integrated with CityCats and the CityGlider high-capacity bus service at Teneriffe.
• A new NightCat service will run every 15 minutes on Friday and Saturday nights until midnight.
Cr Schrinner said the launch was timely, with the upgrade of the South Bank terminal and the new Howard Smith Wharves terminal set to start welcoming passengers soon.
“The South Bank terminals saw an average 470,000 users per annum before closing for upgrade and we thank people for their patience while those works were being completed,” he said.
“The new Howard Smith Wharves ferry terminal will also be coming online soon with CityHopper and cross river ferry services set to stop by the precinct, offering even more options to get to some of our most popular destinations.”
For more information on timetable changes, check out translink.com.au to plan your journey.