Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner has announced Dine BNE will return to the city this May, luring people back to one of Brisbane’s best dining destinations with more than 100 unmissable deals.
Cr Schrinner said 67 restaurants and bars were offering more than 100 exclusive deals and dining experiences for residents and visitors from 1 to 29 May.
“Dine BNE City celebrates the CBD as one of Brisbane’s most exciting dining destinations,” he said.
“But it was also one of the most heavily affected by the pandemic and flood.
“Dine BNE City is a chance for residents and visitors to show their support for businesses by experiencing the best of the city’s dining culture for a fraction of the cost.
“Throughout May, 67 businesses will offer their best deals: from $25 and $35 lunch offers, discount degustations and banquets as well as ticketed and self-guided wine and cocktail trails.
“For seafood lovers, the popular Sea to the City bug and oyster trail also returns on 29 May while an exclusive collaboration with Four Pillars Gin and Instagram’s famous ‘Pasta Club’ experience make their debut.”
Cr Schrinner said Brisbane businesses were eager to be part of the 2nd annual Dine BNE City and elevate the city’s culinary scene after challenging times.
“The pandemic and recent flooding have kept people away from the city but we’re now seeing it slowly recover, with Queen Street Mall foot traffic at hitting a high of 71 per cent of pre-pandemic levels last week,” he said.
“Dine BNE City is a way we can boost this recovery by tempting people back to city and reminding residents what they’ve been missing out on.
“By enjoying a meal, grabbing a drink or booking a table, you can support our CBD businesses and help get our city back on track.”
Part of the impressive line-up of the city’s best and most loved venues are Walter’s Steakhouse, City Winery, Sake, and COPPA Spuntino and new venues including Rothwell’s Bar & Grill, Banc Brasserie and Suzette at Sofitel Brisbane Central.
Rico Bar + Dining will feature an exclusive Dine BNE City seafood special, with owner Michael Tassis grateful for the program’s support during what has been a challenging time for his business.
“We are grateful Rico’s, Fatcow Steak & Lobster and George’s Paragon are open, serving customers and able to be part of Dine BNE City, while our flood-impacted restaurants, Opa and Massimo, remain closed and in repair,” he said.
“It’s been a devastating time for us, but we are optimistic there are brighter days ahead for us here in Brisbane.
“At Rico, we pride ourselves on making magic in the kitchen, bringing fresh, vibrant and delicious Spanish flavours to elevate the city’s culinary scene. We can’t wait to welcome you back through our doors to experience this magic.”
Special Event Highlights:
- Sea to the City – Sunday 29th May.
- Sea to the City celebrates all things fresh seafood against the spectacular backdrop of the Brisbane River. The one-day event is held along City Reach – from Eagle Street Pier to Customs House running from 11am – 6pm.
- Four Pillars Gin Dinner @ Banc Brasserie – Wed 18 May
- Banc Brasserie & Wine Bar, Brisbane’s newest European restaurant situated at the top of the Queen Street Mall, is excited to bring you the next Four Pillars Gin Dinner. Four Pillars co-founder Stuart Gregor will be in attendance to host the evening.
- PASTA MAMA X COPPA SPUNTINO – Sat 21 and Sun 22 May
- Pasta Club is a private dining experience that allows attendees to partake in a long, progressive Italian feast of locally sourced and seasonally sourced produced in a unique ever-changing and every-moving location – and for the very first time, it’s coming to Brisbane at COPPA Spuntino.
- NAGA THAI CHEF’S TABLE – Wed 18 May
- Step inside the colourful, and spicy world of Naga Thai Head Chef Suwisa Phoonsang for an exclusive 8 Course Degustation. Suwisa’s menu pays homage to both Bangkok and the northern village of her upbringing with a balanced mash-up of freshness, spices, heat and herbs, all with a focus on quality Aussie produce and seafood.
The full program can viewed at www.bnecity.com.au/dine.